Clare House is a purpose-built women's refuge in Lancashire. In partnership with the local authority, Progress Care designed, built and furnished the refuge to provide homes for up to eight women and 16 children.
The refuge is staffed and managed by Progress Care staff. Staff include qualified child support workers.
The particular strengths of the refuge are:
- An innovative approach to design which has produced a uniquely suitable environment for the residents
- The success we had in involving key stakeholders from the local community
- Our successful fundraising to complement assistance from the local authority
- Clare House earned the Secured by Design award from the Lancashire Police and was hailed as a model of excellence by the Chief Constable of Lancashire
- We would be pleased to talk with other local authorities who are interested in developing provision for victims of domestic abuse
If you are in fear of violence at your home, please call our domestic abuse help-line to speak to an advisor in confidence on 01772 435865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org The line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Alternatively, your local Housing Department can help.