We have been providing Lifeline, Helpline and Telecare services to people throughout Lancashire for over 27 years. We are totally committed to helping people to stay in their own homes for as long as possible by offering independent living solutions and a 24/7 call answering service that gives customers and their families peace of mind.
Quality is one of the main priorities for everyone involved in the services we provide. We work to strict standards and targets, many of which are set by the Telecare Services Association (TSA). We have been an accredited member of the TSA since 2006 and each year an independent auditor visits us to ensure that we maintain these standards.
Celebrating our success
In 2011-2012, we successfully achieved Platinum Member Status for the TSA Code of Practice. This means we attain to the very highest standards in the provision of Telecare services. To become a Platinum Member, organisations must:
- Become accredited to every module of the Code of Practice for the services they provide
- Be compliant with the European Technical Specification for the services they provide
- Achieve 98.5% of calls - answering time within 60 seconds
By becoming a Platinum member we have gained accreditation in four new modules:
- European Standard in Social Alarm
- Monitoring Services
- Service user profiling*
*Accreditation in Service User Profiling means we are now able to assess the needs and risks of our customers and provide complete Telecare solutions to support the individual.
In the last year we have also:
- Dealt with over 233,098 calls, of which over 17,014 were life critical calls
- Welcomed 1,318 new customers
- Worked with Lancashire Fire and Rescue service to reduce the number of fatalities as a result of fires in the home
- Worked with Lancashire County Council to provide Telecare solutions for people with learning disabilities, to enable them to have increased independence in their own homes