Community Investment Fund
In 2009 we set up the Community Investment Fund with a budget of £1.5 million to invest in projects and activities to improve our communities.
The fund is managed by a panel made up of tenants and board members who decide how the money is spent to make sure that it has the greatest impact for our tenants.
If you are involved with a local community project or have a great idea that you think would benefit your community please let us know. We may be able to help you with funding or resources as well as advice on how to get started.
There are three ways to apply for funding;
- Community Investment Fund – this is available to community groups and projects applying for over £500.
- Community Support Grant – this is for community groups and project applying for up to £500
- Soup Dragon’s Den – this is a community groups applying for up to £1,000 and involves pitching your project at a community event.
What have we achieved so far?
Over the years we have funded some fabulous projects, including;
- Youth projects in our community centres in South Ribble and Fylde
- Social club for supported living customers in Blackburn and Darwen
- Supported communities to hold Big Lunch events
- Supported the National Citizen Service to delivery projects in our communities
- The community flood plan and defibrillator projects delivered by Burneside Resident Association
- Community garden projects
- Craft and art based projects