Text should never be copied directly from another source (eg a book, journal, report, website) without making reference to its source.
Reproducing images from websites
Photographs or illustrations copied from websites should not be used in any circumstances, unless you have gained written permission from the source.
Copying and sharing images and content from media websites and titles
What we are not permitted to share:
Under copyright laws, we are not permitted to:
- Copy or save media coverage to personal or shared drives
- Photocopy and/or share media coverage internally or externally (with the exception of the original printed newspaper cutting)
- Print and/or share media coverage from the internet internally or externally (including notice boards)
- Take a photo of coverage and share it digitally or physically
- Share news articles or links to news articles via email to people outside of the organisation
- Embed links to articles in reports or tenders and share with internal and external colleagues, partners, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Internally on our intranet
- Internally in an email to colleagues
- Externally in a blog post or article on our website
- In a tweet or other social media post as long as the post does not contain any quotes, directly copied text or images from the article.