We have to plan ahead to keep some parts of your home in good repair so that your home is safe and a nice place to live. This is called planned maintenance.
There are two types of planned maintenance:
- Work that needs doing every year
- Big items that need to be replaced every so often
Examples of work that need to be carried out every year are:
- Servicing any gas central heating boiler or fire in your home
- Checking any movable electrical appliances that we are responsible for like the fridge or electric cooker
We also have to plan in advance to renew big items in your home. Sometimes we will:
- Replace all the kitchen units
- Rewire the electrics
- Replace or improve bathrooms
We will write to you to let you know at least four weeks before the work will start so that we can help you with any special arrangements you might need while the job is being done.
Details of our planned maintenance work are also advertised in the Progress People newsletter.