Letting people know you've moved

When you move home there are certain organisations that need to know that you have moved house and you should make arrangements to tell them as soon as possible. These include:

  • Your doctor and dentist
  • TV Licensing
  • Your local authority so that your Council Tax and other benefits are correct from the date you moved in plus your tax office if you receive tax credits
  • Your child benefit office
  • Your bank, building society and credit card companies
  • Royal Mail (to redirect mail)
  • Insurance companies for any policies that you have in place for your vehicle, life, or belongings


If you wish to have a telephone line and/or broadband connected, contact the phone provider that you would like to use. If you had a telephone line at your last property and you are still living in the same area, you may be able to keep the same phone number.

Content insurance 

As a tenant, you are responsible for insuring your own belongings against fire, theft or damage. As your landlord, we are responsible for insuring the building. We work with the National Housing Federation to offer discounted content insurance to our tenants to help save you money.


Well-behaved cats and dogs are welcome in our open (category one) independent living
schemes, but not in our closed (category two) and Extra Care schemes where there are communal areas and corridors. However, you may keep budgies, canaries and other caged birds in any type of independent living scheme. If you wish to request permission to keep a pet, please complete the pet permission form.

Decorating your home

We encourage you to make your home ‘your own’. Please note the replacement of carpets, soft furnishings and interior decoration is not included in your rent or service charges.

Shared area cleaning

As your landlord, we are responsible for the communal areas of your scheme, which includes corridors, kitchen and lounge areas. We ask that you respect your communal areas and leave them as you find them.