Your independent living coordinator
Every independent living scheme receives the service of an Independent Living Coordinator, who manages a number of schemes during Monday to Friday.
They are there to ensure the safety and well-being of residents and to provide a link with doctors, families, friends, housing teams, and any other support services needed.
They will keep in contact with you, according to your preference, either by personal visit or via the intercom system.
If an emergency arises and they are not available, the call will transfer to our 24-hour Control Centre where a member of staff will summon assistance.
You can expect the following service from your Independent Living Coordinator:
- A call, according to your preference, either by personal visit or intercom.
- Response to emergencies within working hours and liaison with appropriate agencies.
- Equipment checks.
- Keeping your personal data up-to-date through your personal information plan.
- Assistance to organise social activities.
- Individual personal information plan and risk assessment to assess your needs, within a month of you moving in.
You can find out more by contacting us.