How we prioritise repairs
We aim to provide you with a high quality repairs and maintenance service at all times.
Our service standards state we will:
- Provide an emergency repairs service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Complete repairs within the following timescales: - Emergency repair - within 24 hours; all other repairs will have an appointment made wherever possible at the first point of call
- Tell you what the target timescale is for completing a repair
- Offer the facility to track your repairs online
- Notify you of any changes to the completion of your repair
- Specify the repairs that we are responsible for and repairs that you are responsible for
- Recharge tenants for repairs that are their responsibility
- Complete repairs on a ‘right first time’ basis
We need to prioritise repairs so that we can help the people who have the most disruption first.
Emergency repairs are to remove a life-threatening danger or rectify serious damage to the property.
Examples of emergency repairs are:
- Burst pipes, severe roof leaks or flooding
- Unsafe electrical fittings or wiring
- Blocked main drains or blocked soil pipe to the only toilet (not a blocked sink)
- Complete loss of electrical power or lighting
- Complete loss of heating, if there is no alternative source
- Unsecured external doors or windows (unless damaged by you, your family or visitors to your home)
- Lift failure
- Failure of warden alarm call system
- Toilet not flushing (where there is no other working toilet in the property)
- Offensive or racist graffiti.
You can check the priority status of a repair you've logged by signing up or logging into your tenant account.