Join us on Tuesday 20th March 5pm-7.30pm at Sumner House, 21 King Street, Leyland PR25 2LW
Come on this course to gain a solid insight into Equality and Diversity and the different types of discrimination. During the session you will learn about the 9 protected characteristics in relation to the current legislation and housing in particular. The style of training is interactive, fun, myth busting and thought provoking. Your tutor for this course has a disability.
By the end of the course you will:
• Have increased knowledge of rights and responsibilities under the Equality Act
• Understand what a ‘protected characteristic’ is.
• Know different types of discrimination and be able to give examples.
• Understand the effect of discriminatory behaviour on individuals and the
• Understand why it is necessary to stop it.
• As a group, be aware of how to incorporate fairness into your actions and
Tickets can be booked via https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/equality-and-diversity-for-engaged-residents-tickets-42425123687#tickets
Reasonable travel costs can be paid for.