Free volunteering course in St Annes
We are pleased to be able to offer tenants and members of our households the opportunity of attending a new free 12 week volunteer training programme.
Lancashire Adult Learning will deliver the programme and it is open to all new and existing volunteers, over 19 years of age, who live in Lancashire.
The course will cover the following subjects and will include free accredited training in First Aid and Food Safety:
- Finding out about volunteering and becoming a volunteer
- Volunteering and voluntary organisations
- Working as a volunteer with a chosen organisation
- Health and safety
- First aid (Accredited qualification)
- Safe and sound awareness
- Understanding effective customer relations
- Developing interpersonal skills
- Dementia awareness
- Mental health awareness
- Conflict resolution
- Mentoring and befriending.
- Food safety (Accredited qualification)
At the end of the 12 week course, volunteers will be found a placement within an appropriate local setting. Whilst you are volunteering you will be able to earn Spice Time Credit Vouchers. For each hour you volunteer, you will receive one time credit voucher which can be spent on theatre tickets, children’s play centres, gym sessions and a vast selection of other activities with organisations around the country. The tutor will give out Spice Time Credit Voucher information during the sessions so you are aware of how and where they can be spent.
The planned timetable is as follows but may be subject to change:
- Tuesday 9 May - 9.30am to 12.00pm - Volunteer course
- Tuesday 16 May - 9.30am to 12.00pm - Volunteer course
- Tuesday 23 May - 9.30am to 12.00pm - Volunteer course
- Tuesday 30 May - Half-term
- Tuesday 6 June - No session
- Tuesday 13 June - 9.30am to 12.00pm - Volunteer course
- Tuesday 20 June - 9.30am to 12.00pm - L2 First Aid
- Tuesday 27 June - 9.30am to 12.00pm - L2 First Aid
- Tuesday 4 July - 9.30am to 12.00pm - Health & Safety
- Tuesday 11 July - 9.30am to 4.00pm - L2 Food Safety
- Tuesday 18 July - 9.30am to 12.00pm - Volunteer course
- Tuesday 25 July - 9.30am to 12.00pm - Volunteer course
- Tuesday 1 August - 9.30am to 12.00pm - Volunteer course
The venue for the duration of the course is Progress Housing Group, Warwick House, Kilnhouse Lane, Lytham St. Anne’s, FY8 3DU.
If you are interested and would like to attend, please contact the Progress Opportunities Team on 03333 204555 and a place will be booked for you.
Spaces are very limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Please let us know if you require help with transport.