Funding to support local community groups and charity activities
Every year Progress Housing Group supports local community groups to set up and develop facilities, events and activities by awarding money from our Community Investment Fund.
Since April 2017 we have supported the following groups:
- Pennine Lancashire Community Farm - to develop a community garden in South Ribble
- SHAPE Lancashire - to deliver a 26 week programme of activities for young people in South Ribble
- Big Lunch events in South Ribble and Fylde
- National Citizen Service The Challenge events in South Ribble, Fylde, Preston and Blackburn
- Streetwise - to support activities for young people in Fylde
- Homestart - to provide activities for young people in Fylde
- Kingsfold Football Club – to support a community football team in South Ribble
- Bad Apple Project - to provide educational resources to six primary schools across Fylde and South Ribble
- The Leyland Project - to support the running of a community centre in South Ribble
- Opportunity Sports Foundation - to provide activities for young people in South Ribble
- Key - to support community development in South Ribble.
Community groups can apply to the Community Investment Fund for community projects including events or activities and new facilities. We ask that groups submit an application showing what the money will be used for and how this could benefit our customers and the areas they live in.
If you know of any groups that could benefit from funding from our Community Investment Fund please contact the Progress Opportunities Team and we will be happy to talk through the details and help them to submit an application.
In addition to the Community Investment Fund, Progress Housing Group also supports local fundraising from our Charity Fund. Since April 2017 we have spent £2,285.54 to support the following charities:
- Variety - The Children’s Charity
- St Catherine’s Hospice
- Cancer Research
- The Legacy Rainbow Trust
- The Joshua Wilson Brain Tumour Charity
- Brindle Brass Band
- The Christie Charitable Fund
- Buckshaw Village Women’s Institute
- Muscular Dystrophy UK
- Trust House Lancashire
The Charity Fund can be applied for to support any local fundraising event.
If you know of any local charities that would like to apply for funding from our Charity Fund please contact the Progress Opportunities Team and we will be happy to help you with an application