Preparing for Brexit - keeping our tenants informed
It would be hard to miss the daily news stories about Brexit. Although there is still some uncertainty about what will happen, we want to reassure you that Progress Housing Group is preparing for whatever the outcome may be.
As a well-run organisation we always plan for the unexpected. This means we can continue to deliver our services as normally as possible during any period of change. Our staff are dedicated, trained and prepared to ensure you continue to receive the services you need.
Brexit will affect local areas in different ways, and local authorities and organisations like ourselves are best placed to ensure preparations are in hand to ensure as smooth a transition as possible.
If you want to find out more, the UK Government's page on how to prepare for the EU Exit if you live in the UK includes information on:
• applying for settled status
• going and being abroad - including passports, foreign travel advice, pet travel and mobile roaming fees
• work - including workplace rights and working in the EU
• transport - including driving abroad, vehicle insurance and flying to the EU
• environment - including environmental standards and food labels
• business and industry - including consumer rights, banking and selling online
• education, training and skills - including studying abroad and Erasmus.
We are following the developments on a regular basis and will keep you informed. We will update you through articles in our newsletters and on our website at www.progressgroup.org.uk.
However if you have any immediate concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via our webchat facility on our website, or by telephone on 03333 204 555, and we will do our best to direct you to the best source of advice.