Together with Tenants
The National Housing Federation is consulting on its ‘Together with Tenants’ plan. Building on the Government’s commitment in the Social Housing Green Paper to better consumer regulation, improving routes for redress and giving residents a strong collective voice. Currently the draft plan seeks to implement:
- a new requirement in our Code of Governance for boards to be accountable to their tenants and residents
- a new charter setting out what tenants and residents can expect from their housing association landlord
- tenant and resident oversight and scrutiny of the charter with a report on how their landlord is doing against charter commitments
- a closer link with regulation
A key part of the plan is gathering the views of residents in two ways:
- There is a short online survey about the draft tenants’ charter that any resident can respond to. Deadline 19 April 2019. This survey is anonymous and will not ask you for any personal information
- There is also the opportunity for residents to apply to sit on a new tenants’ advisory panel. The deadline for applications is Friday 15 March and more information can be found on the Centre for Public Scrutiny website
- Housing association staff or other stakeholders can also complete their own online survey to share their views. Deadline 19 April 2019.
If you would like to know more about the Together with Tenants plan please ask us via our live web chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 03333 204555 and ask to speak to a member of our progress opportunities team.