Progress in Bloom gardening competition 2020
During these extraordinary times, there is no better time to connect with nature and grow your own blooms and produce. So why not enter our annual gardening competition?
We have three separate competitions this year, they are:
- Gardening competition for our general needs and independent living customers and estates
- Gardening competition for our supported living customers
- Sunflower growing competition for children up to the age of 16 and our supported living customers to grow the tallest sunflower.
How can I enter?
The competition is open to anyone who is living in one of our properties or on any of our estates. This year there are no specific categories. You can enter your garden, a beautiful hanging basket, or even your most beloved pot plant.
This year we would love you to nominate the gardens of your family, friends and, neighbours, to recognise the hard work they are putting into creating a beautiful garden. We are also asking our staff to nominate the gorgeous gardens they see whilst working in our neighbourhoods.
You can enter the competitions from 1 June 2020 by completing the online entry forms using the links below or contacting Progress Connect on 03333 204555 and requesting an entry form.
All entries must reach us by Tuesday 30 June 2020.
Alternatively you can download a paper version of the forms below:
Given the current restrictions in place due to coronavirus (COVID-19), we are asking for photographs of your entry to be taken and supplied to us by Monday, 20 July. These will be used to judge the competition during that same week. A member of the Progress Involvement Team will be in touch with you to explain the different ways you can do this.
Prizes will be given for the:
- The top 10 winners of the general needs and independent living competition, each winning a £15 garden voucher
- The top 10 winners of the supported living competition, each winning a £15 garden voucher
- Entrants of the 10 tallest sunflowers, who will each win an activity-based prize.
There will also be a separate prize draw for those who nominate others, with the winner receiving a £15 One4all voucher.
When will the judging take place?
This year judging will be carried out digitally by a tenant panel and will take place on Friday 24 July 2020. Look out on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/ProgressStreetTalk and our website www.progressgroup.org.uk for further details. Happy gardening!