With the current changes occurring in energy, we understand that you might have worries or concerns about what to do for the best. The price of energy is going up, and so are energy

Citizens Advice provides an energy advice service offering free, independent, confidential, impartial information and advice.

Here is a summary of the energy information and advice they can help you with:

Maximising income

● Comparing tariffs/suppliers
● Switching - to make sure you are on the best money saving tariff
● Understanding energy bills - estimates versus actual readings
● Billing options to assist with budgeting
● Benefit checks to ensure you have access to all you are entitled to
● Check Warm Home Discount eligibility and assist with applying
● Assist with other grants, for example, energy efficiency grants
● Energy-saving actions to help reduce your energy bills

Resolving issues with suppliers

● Being moved suppliers after your current supplier has ceased trading
● Installation, supply and readings for Smart meters
● Negotiating repayment of arrears
● Advice about moving from Prepayment Meters (PAYG) to Credit meters
● Assisting with emergency credit from suppliers
● Supporting customers when a supplier relationship breakdown has occurred
● Investigating and assisting with applications for grants to help pay off energy debt and
   making referrals for additional support
● If you are eligible, ensuring you are on your supplier’s Priority Service Register
● Helping to make a complaint and escalate unresolved complaints to the Energy
● Raising awareness of the United Utilities Priority Service Register

Information for residents living in Lancashire, Chorley, South Ribble, West Lancashire, Wyre and Blackburn.

To access help from the Lancashire West Citizens Advice Energy Team, you must live in one of the areas listed above, and you can make a self-referral by calling them on 0808 278 7880 or by completing an online enquiry form on the homepage of their website citizensadvicelancashirewest.org.uk/

Alternatively, if you have a support worker or housing officer, with your consent, they can
make a referral for you.

Information for residents living in the Fylde area

For any residents living in the Fylde area, please contact Citizens Advice Fylde on 0808 278 7881.

If you live in other geographical areas across the UK

If you do not live in any of the areas listed above and you do not know the details of your local Citizens Advice office and would like help from them, you can contact the national Citizens Advice Adviceline on 0800 144 8848.