Progress Community Champions Awards 2021
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you help your neighbour or someone in your community? Are you giving up your free time to a good cause that helps individuals or groups? Then these awards are for you.
Volunteering is an opportunity to do something great, offering your time for a good cause or practice. It helps with your mental wellbeing, connects you with your community, and looks good on your CV. So, are you out there?
The Group wants to recognise the amazing work done by groups, individuals, and young people who have been using their time to support their communities over the last year. Particularly during the extremely difficult circumstances created by Covid-19.
The Community Champions Award will celebrate our community champions.
Who can enter?
Anyone living in one of our communities can enter themselves or nominate a group or individual.
What are the categories?
- Volunteer of the Year Award
Awarded to an individual who makes a real difference by giving up their time voluntarily tosupport their neighbours and local community.
- Voluntary Group of the Year Award
Awarded to a group of people who make a real difference by giving up their time voluntarily to support their neighbours and local community.
- Young Volunteer Award
Awarded to someone aged 25 or under who makes a real difference by giving up their time voluntarily to support their neighbours and local community.
Entries for each category will be judged by a panel of involved customers. Each winner will receive an One4all voucher.
When will judging take place?
The closing date is Friday 26 February 2021. Judging will take place on Tuesday 9 March 2021, followed by a Zoom virtual awards event at 6pm on Friday 26 March 2021 (Zoom details TBC).
Please do not provide any sensitive personal information about the person you are nominating unless you have received the nominee's permission to do so. Sensitive personal information includes information related to the nominee’s health, race, sexual orientation political/philosophical opinions, economic status, religion, cultural or social identity, or any information that might be sensitive.
By completing this form, you are acknowledging that if you are 16 years of age or under you have permission from a parent or legal guardian to participate. If the person you are nominating is 16 years of age or under, you are acknowledging that you have permission from their parent or legal guardian to enter them.
Terms and Conditions
Progress Housing Group Progress Community Champions 2021
- You can nominate anyone who lives or volunteers their time in a community where Progress Housing Group owns and manages properties.
- Nominations can be made either: (i) by post to Progress Housing Group Progress Community Champions 2021, Sumner House, 21 King Street, Leyland, Lancashire, PR25 2LW or (ii) or online at www.progressgroup.org.uk/community-champions.
- Please provide as much information as possible to ensure the nomination can be judged for one of the categories below. Please note that all nominations, whether online or post, must be received no later than midnight on 26 February, 2021. Any nominations received after this will not be accepted. Please be aware that sending personal data by email may not be secure as email messages can be intercepted.
- The Progress Involvement Team will contact everyone making a nomination and everyone being nominated or his/her parent or guardian, where applicable, to verify the information provided and to make sure all relevant consents/permissions have been obtained.
- The categories and criteria to qualify for nomination and on which the judging will take place are:
Volunteer of the Year Award: Awarded to an individual who makes a real difference by giving up their time voluntarily to support their neighbours and local community.
Voluntary Group of the Year Award: Awarded to a group of people who make a real difference by giving up their time voluntarily to support their neighbours and local community.
Young Volunteer Award: Awarded to someone aged 25 or under who makes a real difference by giving up their time voluntarily to support their neighbours and local community.
- All nominations will be judged by a group of involved customers of Progress Housing Group. All nominations will be awarded a Gold, Silver or Bronze award.
- Progress Housing Group’s decision as to the awards presented is final. No correspondence relating to the awards will be entered.
- The prizes will be in the form of an All4one voucher to the value of:
- Everyone taking part in the Community Champions Award 2021 must agree to take part in any post-award publicity if required.
- Progress Housing Group reserves the right to: (i) vary these Terms, including but not limited to, opening and close times of the awards nominations; (ii) disqualify any nomination that breaches the rules, is fraudulent in any way or brings Progress Housing Group into disrepute; (iii) move nominees into another category should they see fit and (iv) cancel the awards, at any stage, if in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- All nominees will be invited to an awards event, which is scheduled to take place on 26 March 2021. Given the current circumstances relating to COVID-19 the event will be held using Zoom. Zoom details will be provided nearer the time to everyone being nominated.
- Progress Housing Group, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure, postal strike or delivery issue, loss of data via use of a third party email platform or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any loss or data, any nomination being lost or not properly registered.
- The promoter of the awards is Progress Housing Group and these terms and conditions are subject to UK laws.
If you have any questions about how Progress Housing Group handles your personal information, or you wish to find out about your rights, please visit Progress Housing Group’s Privacy and Cookies Policy. You will also be able to find out more information about how Progress Housing Group processes your information and how you can contact Progress Housing Group’s Data Protection Officer. If you raise a complaint with Progress Housing Group about the way it has handled your personal information, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns