Together with tenants
Following a long period of consultation with housing providers and tenants, the National Housing Federation launched its 'Together with Tenants' charter [external link] in November 2020. The charter aims to strengthen the relationship between tenants and their landlords by focusing on six key areas:
- Relationships – Housing associations will treat all residents with respect in all of their interactions. Relationships between residents and housing associations will be based on openness, honesty and transparency.
- Communication - Residents will receive clear, accessible and timely information from their housing association on the issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and local community, how the organisation is working to address problems, how the organisation is run, and information about performance on key issues.
- Voice and influence - Views from residents will be sought and valued and this information will be used to inform decisions. Every individual resident will feel listened to by their housing association on the issues that matter to them and can speak without fear.
- Accountability - Collectively, residents will work in partnership with their housing association to independently scrutinise and hold their housing association to account for the decisions that affect their homes and services and the quality of the homes and services they provide.
- Quality - Residents can expect their homes to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed.
- When things go wrong - Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
As part of the Group’s ongoing commitment to shape our services based upon your feedback we are delighted to advise that we have adopted the charter. We received the following acknowledgment open letter from the Tenant Advisory Panel, a body which represents all tenants and customers. The letter shares some further details about Together with Tenants initiative.
To help us improve, our Tenants Scrutiny Pool are currently supporting us in carrying out a self-assessment of our existing customer engagement processes to see where we meeting the criteria and where we can improve our performance.
If you would like to know more about this please contact the Progress Involvement Team on 03333 204 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org