Cost of Living support round up: October
As the cost of living continues to rise, we are here to help you, signposting and sharing information about saving money and where to get extra external support.
Here is a round up of recent information we have found:
1. We have some community places you can go for free activities and refreshments and stay warm: Wade Hall Community Shop opens in Leyland | Progress Housing Group (progressgroup.org.uk)
The Base Community Centre, Bannister Drive, Leyland, will also give you a warm welcome, Monday to Friday, 9am until 4pm. (please note new closing time)
Elsewhere, 64 Lancashire County Council libraries will be made Warm and Welcome free spaces, which will include regular sessions to enhance skills in terms of health, digital, employment, and volunteering opportunities.
2. The second Cost of Living payment for people on certain benefits will start coming through to people's bank accounts from November 8: Second benefits cost of living payment to start on 8 November – here's who's eligible, how much you'll get and if you need to apply (moneysavingexpert.com)
3. Three things you can do as our energy bills have gone up: Energy price cap: Three things to do as bills go up - BBC News
4. Asda will be offering hot soup, a roll and unlimitd hot drinks at its cafes for people over 60 in November and December: Asda launches £1 cafe meal deal for over 60s to help with cost of living
5. Octopus Energy shares tips to save money on your energy bills: Octopus Energy shares 'simple tips' to help Britons slash energy bills by over £400 | Personal Finance | Finance | Express.co.uk
6. This is a great resource for support and information:
Whilst some pages are centred around the Preston area, there is plenty of other useful information which applies to all.
To find out what we have been doing to support our tenants, read here: How we are supporting you through the cost of living crisis
More information on help from the government is here: Help for Households Campaign
For more help and support, visit our new Cost of Living Hub.
- Sign up for updates on your home, community and other services.
- We treat your personal data with care, view our privacy notice here: https://contactus.progressgroup.org.uk/forms/statements/