Our work with South Ribble Borough Council to support you with the cost of living crisis
We are committed to providing the best possible support we can to our tenants during these tough economic times.
As part of our ongoing response to the cost of living crisis, we are working with South Ribble Borough Council and other partner organisations. Our aim is to pool our resources and knowledge so that we can bridge any 'gaps' in support that we may identify.
The council has re-established its South Ribble Together hub, where people can access support information in one place: www.southribble.gov.uk/southribbletogether
Members of Progress Housing Group, Progress Futures and Key Unlocking Futures will be attending South Ribble Borough Council's Cost of Living Marketplace event at Leyland Civic Centre on Monday 28 November, from 2.30pm until 7.30pm. We will be there to highlight the specialist services we can provide, including our financial support, and help seeking employment.
Other organisations such as Citizens Advice Bureau and Department for Work and Pensions will be available to discuss the work they are doing to support people. There will also be a uniform bank, a pop up food shop, and bike repairs (from 4pm).
In addition, we are also:
- Working closely with South Ribble Borough Council to alleviate their acute homelessness challenge. Unfortunately, numerous families are having to stay in unsuitable hotels due to a shortage of available accommodation. In the future, we have agreed to develop a new interim homeless accommodation and support offer to lessen the impact and trauma on families during this crisis time in their lives.
- Providing a community shop at The Base in Broadfield on Wednesdays, and a community cafe on Mondays, 10am until 4.30pm. The community centre also offers a warm welcome weekdays 9am until 4pm.
- Supporting a community shop run by Wade Hall Community Association at The Place on Mondays, 12.30pm until 6.30pm.
- Offering support via our Progress Futures team to assist people into employment and training. Progress Futures holds a job club and social and share every Thursday at The Place; and a job club at Leyland Civic Centre every Tuesday. More information can be found here: /support-wellbeing/cost-of-living-hub/our-support-in-the-community/
Robert Porter, Director of Housing Operations at Progress Housing Group, said: "With the rising cost of living affecting us all in so many different ways, some more acutely and cruelly than others, we need to work together to meet the needs of our community.
"Through this collaborative partnership working, we aim to share our key resources so that collectively we can strive to support as many of our tenants as possible.
"We really appreciate the work South Ribble Borough Council is doing in co-ordinating the group and are grateful for the support of all other agencies who are collaborating to ensure all residents within the borough can access the support they need.”
- For more information on how we are supporting our tenants and the community with the cost of living, visit Cost of living hub | Progress Housing Group (progressgroup.org.uk)
Sign up for updates on your home, community and other services.
We treat your personal data with care, view our privacy notice here: https://contactus.progressgroup.org.uk/forms/statements/