The Soup Dragon returns!
The Soup Dragon is back in November for their second round of funding for 2022. The Soup Dragon's Den is back live and in the community for all to attend.
The application form and guidance notes are now available and applications for funding can be submitted from Monday 10 October until Sunday 6 November.
If you are involved in a local community project or group, why not apply for funding from the Soup Dragon.
Applications will be shortlisted by our Community Investment Fund working party, with the Soup Dragon event due to be held from 6pm on Thursday 17 November, the location will be confirmed once we have applications.
If you have any questions, or want some more information about our Soup Dragon’s Den, please contact the Progress Involvement Team on 03333 204 555.
What is the Soup Dragon’s Den at Progress Housing Group?
As part of our support for local community projects, we have introduced a new way to access funding from our Community Investment Fund. This is called the Soup Dragon’s Den.
The Soup Dragon’s Den is aimed at small local community groups who need a small amount of funding to help them get going, or to grow the project to reach more people.
Applicants need to apply for this round by 6 November 2022.
The Soup Dragon’s Den event on 17 November will have an open invitation for local residents and supporters of each project to attend. The evening will start with soup being served, allowing time for attendees to socialise and get to know each other. This will be followed by the applicants presenting their pitch. Similar to the TV show Dragon’s Den, but much friendlier.
Once all the pitches have taken place, everyone attending the event will be asked to vote, ranking each of the six pitches in their order of preference. The votes will be counted and the winner announced at the end of the evening.
The winning applicant will receive up to £1,000. The remaining five applicants will receive half of the funding they requested or £200, whichever is the lowest amount.
How can I apply for funding from the Soup Dragon’s Den?
We have tried to keep the application process as simple as possible.
To apply, applicants simply need to fill in the application form and send it to the Progress Involvement Team at email@example.com or post to Sumner House, 21 King Street, Leyland, Lancashire, PR25 2LW.
Guidance notes are given below.
Application criteria and guidance for applying to the Soup Dragon's Den
Community groups applying for funding through the Soup Dragon’s Den will need to meet the following criteria:
- Progress Housing Group has properties in the project area
- Customers of Progress Housing Group have the opportunity to benefit from the project
- The project will have a positive effect on the community in general
- There is a plan in place to ensure the future of the project after the Soup Dragon’s Den funding has been used.
The applicants selected to pitch at the event will be informed by Friday, 11 November 2022. You can book your event ticket at Eventbrite by clicking here or just turn up on the night.
- Complete the Soup Dragon’s Den application form, giving as much information about the project as you can.
- Forward the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will look through the application form and contact you with any queries or for further information.
- All applications will go through a shortlisting process to select the 6 applicants to pitch at the Soup Dragon’s Den event.
- The Progress Involvement Team will contact you to confirm if you have been shortlisted or not.
- Shortlisted applicants attend the Soup Dragon’s Den event to pitch their project.
Progress Housing Group reserves the right to publish information about donations made through the Soup Dragon’s Den in the Groups publications and local media. This may include any photographs taken. Any successful projects will therefore be asked to complete a consent form to give permission for photographs to be used.
The Progress Involvement Team will help you through this process, so if you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com or on 03333 204 555.
The closing date for applications to be received is 11.59pm on Sunday 6 November 2022.
If you have any queries, or want any more information please contact the Progress opportunities Team at firstname.lastname@example.org