Round up of activities at Old Mill Court
Tenants at Old Mill Court Independent Living Scheme in Walmer Bridge have been very busy over the past few months, raising money for charities and even winning an award for their gardening skills.
- Wilma organised a coffee morning, raising £122.22 for Breast Cancer Now. We match funded this through our Charity Fund, to take the final total to £244.44
Wilma (top right photo, pictured in the middle, stood behind the counter) said: “This was the fifth year of me doing this. I have supported a few friends through breast cancer so this was my way of doing something positive. I am really pleased people have turned up to support the fundraising and buy cakes and raffle tickets.”
- Tenants organised two table top sales to raise money for projects and activities across the scheme.
They donated half the money raised to North West Air Ambulance Service (NWAAS) and applied for our Charity Fund, taking the final total to £344.
- Tenants held a Lancashire Day celebration, with a quiz and local food. They raised £200.50 for St Michael’s and All Angels Church in Hoole, which was match funded to £401. This money will go towards a new church lodge.
- Tenants collected underwear to donate to Smalls for All, a charity that collects underwear for people in Africa and the UK.
- Old Mill Court has won Western Parishes in Bloom for their excellent work in looking after gardening areas across the whole scheme.
Their prize was a £25 gardening voucher, which The Mill Pond Gardener Group has put towards buying a water butt for the patio area.
Antonietta, an Old Mill Court resident and a member of The Mill Pond Gardeners group, (pictured above holding the certificate), said: “People take pride in their gardens and they are absolutely beautiful in the height of summer. Everyone has a different task and makes their garden areas look different. This award is very well deserved. We have a nice little community here.”
- If anyone is raising money for charity and would like some help, please contact the Progress Involvement Team on 01772 450669, or email community @progressgroup.org.uk.
Sign up for updates on your home, community and other services
We treat your personal data with care, view our privacy notice here: https://contactus.progressgroup.org.uk/forms/statements/