What's happening at our Independent Living schemes?
Here is a round-up of what has been happening within our Independent Living schemes so far this year:
- We have been having fun planning events and activities, with some schemes trying out a lunch club which has been a welcome new addition.
- Our trips are proving popular, as tenants enjoyed visiting Boundary Mill in January, bagging plenty of bargains. The trips to Skipton Market this month and Bury Market in May are now full and other trips are getting towards being full.
- Lowerhouse Community Centre in Leyland is becoming a hive of activity with chair fitness classes every Monday, from 3pm until 4pm; and a community cafe every Friday morning from 8.45am until 10.30am. Everyone welcome to join in.
- We are asking tenants to help us support Tippy Toes Baby Bank and knit blankets for local babies and international areas of need. So far, tenants at Stanner Lodge, Lostock Court, Lowerhouse, Old Mill Court, and Tuson House have been knitting blankets. If you would like to help, please call Sue on 07811 351787 or Sam on 07587 647222. We can supply wool and instructions for blanket sizes.
- Easter party at St Gerrards, Lostock Hall.
- Easter competition at some schemes - painting a clay pot and planting a sunflower seed. If anyone would like to get involved, contact Sue on the number above.
Sign up for updates on your home, community and other services
We treat your personal data with care, view our privacy notice here: https://contactus.progressgroup.org.uk/forms/statements/