Update on our Planned Maintenance Review
In April 2023, tenants involved with the Tenants’ Voice – Improving Services group chose to do an in-depth review of our planned maintenance process.
The review started with tenants receiving a presentation from Tony McVeigh, Head of Repairs and Maintenance, and Andy Baldwin, Planned Investment Manager, who explained what we mean by planned maintenance and an overview of the process.
By planned maintenance we mean the work to replace large items in our tenants’ homes, things like kitchens, bathrooms, roofs and windows.
The review particularly looked at what communication we have with tenants who are having planned works carried out at their home and the type of information we provide.
During the review, our tenants looked at the letters sent to tenants and the information we provide on our website.
Once the review was complete, the Tenants’ Voice – Improving Services group wrote a report making eight recommendations for improvement to the process. The recommendations included:
- Rewriting letters sent to tenants to make them easier to understand
- Include clear contact details should tenants have a problem and need to contact somebody before or during the work being carried out
- Provide information on the website saying what tenants can expect when planned works are being carried out
- Redesign the post work inspection sheet to make them tenant focused
- Develop a policy on the support available for tenants with additional or specific needs to help them through the process
- Improve communication with tenants about the timescales after choices have been made
- Consider decorating bathrooms after new bathroom fitted
- Have a range of options for satisfaction surveys after works are completed
All the recommendations were welcomed by Tony and Andy who are working through an action plan to put them in place by the end of June 2024.
Tony said: “It was great to get this feedback directly from tenants. Their experience of the service has highlighted some valuable learning for us. We are working hard to implement the recommendations over the next few months and hope this will provide a better experience for all our tenants.”
Sign up for updates on your home, community and other services
We treat your personal data with care, view our privacy notice here: https://contactus.progressgroup.org.uk/forms/statements/