Have your say | Competence and Conduct Standard for social housing staff
The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities is consulting on its proposals to introduce a new, regulatory standard relating to the competence and conduct of social housing staff.
This standard will require senior managers and executives to have, or be working towards, a relevant qualification. It will ensure that staff have up-to-date skills, knowledge and experience, and that they have the right behaviours to deliver a high quality, professional service and treat residents with respect.
The proposals address the significant concerns raised following the Grenfell tragedy in 2017, which found that more needs to be done to make sure tenants are listened to, and staff have the right skills, knowledge and behaviours.
The consultation is asking for views on proposals to require registered providers to:
- Ensure all their relevant staff have the skills, experience, knowledge and behaviours needed to deliver a high quality and professional service to tenants
- Document how they will achieve this, including setting out their approach to learning and development and performance management.
It is also asking for views on proposals for the qualification requirements for senior housing managers and executives, including:
- The functions of the roles in scope
- The criteria that qualifications must meet
- The timeframes in which individuals must enrol on and complete qualifications
- Transitional arrangements before the qualification requirements come fully into effect.
- The consultation will remain open for eight weeks from 6 February until 2 April 2024.
- You can have your say via the online survey which can be accessed here: Consultation on a direction to the Regulator of Social Housing to set a Competence and Conduct Standard for social housing
- If you cannot fill in the online survey, email your responses to email@example.com
Please make it clear which questions you are responding to by stating which question number your response, or each part of your response, relates to.
- Written responses can also be sent to:
Consultation on a direction to the Regulator of Social Housing to set a Competence and Conduct Standard for Social Housing
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
Floor 3 (Mailpoint B12)
2 Marsham Street
For more information, visit Competence and Conduct Standard for social housing: consultation - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)