Payments and invoicing
We want to ensure that you are paid as quickly as possible for the goods and services that you provide.
Below we have outlined what you can do to ensure that we have everything we need to pay you on time.
When ordering goods or services we create a purchase order (PO) with a unique number. You should be in receipt of a valid PO before providing the goods or services to us.
Your PO will automatically be sent to the email address provided at the time the order is raised. If you do not receive this please contact the member of staff responsible for the order.
We have a 'no purchase, no pay' policy which means if you cannot quote this number on an invoice it will delay your payment.
The Group consists of Progress Housing Group Ltd and its subsidiaries; New Progress Housing Association Ltd, New Fylde Housing Ltd and Progress Care Housing Association Ltd as well as our charity Key Unlocking Futures Ltd.
Invoices should be sent to us addressed to:
Relevant Progress Housing Group company
21 King Street,
If you send a paper invoice, it will be scanned in for processing so it is important that the invoice is of good quality and easy to read. We recommend that the invoice is on white A4 paper, clearly printed in black and that highlighters have not been used. Handwritten invoices are not acceptable.
You can send us your invoice by post or you can submit it electronically by email to PDFinvoices@progressgroup.org.uk
To avoid delay in payment it is important that the invoice is legally compliant. A compliant invoice should include:
- Valid purchase order number
- Addressed to Progress Housing Group or relevant subsidiary. Department or staff names are not sufficient
- Supplier's name and address in full
- The word invoice (or if a credit, the words credit note)
- Invoice number (this should be unique for every invoice)
- Invoice date
- Value and currency
- Description of goods and services rendered
- Progress Housing Group purchase order number
- Contact details of Progress Housing Group contact
- The VAT number and the invoice should be split between the net value of goods and services, the rate and amount of VAT and the gross (total) value of the invoice
- If the invoice is for works which fall under the construction industry tax legislation, a split of the labour and materials elements will also be required and you're a supplier who requires deductions of tax.
It is our policy that all sums owed to suppliers will be due for payment on the 30th day after the date of the invoice. However, where clauses are agreed which vary the terms of payment, these will be honoured.
The main way we pay our suppliers is through BACS (Bank Automated Clearing System). As we pay you we will email you the remittance advice. Supplier payments are processed every week by BACS and funds will be available in the suppliers’ bank account in three banking days.
Our terms of trade also include provision for late payment in accordance with the November 1998 Act of Parliament. Progress Housing Group reserves the right to withhold payment where the goods or services have not been provided in accordance with the contract. We expect our suppliers to pay any sums due to subcontractors promptly and within a period not exceeding that set out above.
Our preferred payment method is BACS. Over 90% of invoices are now paid via BACS and we expect all new suppliers to be paid by BACS.
Useful contact details:
Invoice submission: PDFinvoices@progressgroup.org.uk
Queries about invoices or POs: email@example.com
Updating the details that we hold about you: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a query regarding an outstanding payment then please email PurchasingTeam@progressgroup.org.uk; or call 03333 204555, asking for Purchase to Pay during office hours.