Every person who is accepted by the service is allocated a support worker to help them create and follow a support plan.

Your support worker is there to help you to decide what you want to achieve and to support you to achieve it. They will do this by helping you to agree a support plan and referring you to other support organisations.

They can also help you informally with issues such as budgeting, letter writing, claiming benefits and becoming more involved in your community.

Your support worker’s role is to support you to live independently and maintain your tenancy; they will not judge or control you or make decisions for you.

Your support worker can help with:

  • Managing your money including debts, claiming benefits and budgeting
  • Housing issues such as repairs to your property, rent arrears and claiming Housing Benefit
  • Finding local college courses, employment or training opportunities
  • Registering with local health care providers and support agencies
  • Completing forms and dealing with paperwork
  • Help with the skills you need to live independently
  • Building confidence in every day situations.