If the reported case doesn’t involve threats, violence or serious harassment then in the first instance we prefer to resolve incidents of anti-social behaviour by speaking to the person you are complaining about or referring them to other agencies that can help to change their behaviour; such as local health or social services.

If these actions fail then we will consider taking legal action, some of the legal action we could take is outlined below.

A county court can give us the power to evict a tenant if they or members of their family or friends are behaving anti-socially.

A Demotion Order changes the tenancy to a tenancy type that reduces the number of rights they have as our tenant.

If we receive any further complaint of anti-social behaviour during the period of the new demoted tenancy, we may present the case to the county court, which has the power to end the tenancy with immediate effect.

The police and local authority have the power to close a property where there is evidence of serious and persistent anti-social behaviour.

The police and local authority have the power to close a property where Class A drugs are being used or dealt. A Closure Order can be given at magistrates’ court for a specific length of time, such as three, six, nine or 12 months. No one is permitted to enter the property during this period, including members of our staff.

An ASB Case Review is a process you can use if you have reported anti-social behaviour and believe no action has been taken. If you request the review, the police, local council and housing association (if appropriate) will need to come together to review the case.

For more information about ASB Case Reviews click here.

An injunction is an order which can be granted by the courts and issued to anyone over the age of 10. They aim to prevent anti-social behaviour and to force those people who have committed it to take steps to change their poor behaviour.

If you have any questions about enforcement powers then please contact us.