If you can smell gas or think there's a gas leak
Stay safe by following this advice:
- open your doors and windows so the gas can escape
- don't smoke or use matches or cigarette lighters
- don't turn light switches or anything electrical on or off, including mobile phones
If you can, turn off your gas supply at the meter and leave it switched off until you're sure it's safe to turn it back on again
Then you should go outside and call the National Gas Service Emergency Line on 0800 111 999 to report a suspected gas leak. They'll advise you from there.
Don't go back inside until they've given you the all clear.