All of our homes have gas appliances.
Morgan Sindall Property Services will service these once a year to make sure they are safe.
This has to be done by law.
Before a gas safety check is carried out Morgan Sindall will let you know when they will be coming round.
Why are the checks important?
Faulty equipment that uses gas can be dangerous. This is why they need to be checked.
How long will it take?
The checks take an hour per appliance.
Having a friend or support worker with you
If you have a support worker or want a family member or friend to be there when your gas service is carried out then please let us know.
That way we can arrange for Morgan Sindall to come when they will be there with you.
If you discover a gas leak:
- Turn off the gas mains stop tap
- Turn off or remove all sources of ignition in a safe manner
- Do not turn electrical lights or switches 'on' or 'off'; just leave them
- Open all doors and windows for ventilation
- Phone the National Grid on 0800 111 999 (free phone)
- Give your full name and address
- Get a job number from the National Grid.