Talk BlueWhen you move in your supported living officer will visit you to welcome you and tell you everything you need to know about living in your new home.

They will also give you a copy of your Tenancy Agreement which you need to read and sign. This is an agreement between us both and in it there are rules we must both follow.

Your responsibilities

This is what you must do:

  • Pay your rent on time. This is really important. If you are struggling paying your rent then you should tell us
  • Work with your support staff to help you live in your new home. If you ever have any problems then please speak to your supported living housing officer
  • Tell us if something is broken and needs repairing. We will then be able to fix it for you.
  • Keep your house and garden clean and tidy. This is important so that you stay healthy and so that your neighbours enjoy living there.
  • Ask if you want to keep a pet. Please speak to your supported living houisng officer if you want to get a pet.
  • Let us into your home to do repairs. This is so that you enjoy your home and so that we can make sure your home is a safe place to live.
  • Ask if you want to alter your home in some way. If you want to decorate your home or change it then please speak to your supported living officer.

Our responsibilities

This is what we must do:

  • Keep your home in good repair. We want you to be safe and enjoy living in your home.
  • Tell you when repairs need to be done. This is so you know when a contractor will be coming to your home and why we are going to be there.
  • Insure the property against damage caused by fire and flood. This is covered by your rent.
  • Make sure the heating, lighting and plumbing work. If something is not working then please let us know by calling 0345 241 6041
  • Decorate any internal shared areas of your home. This could include shared living rooms or kitchens. 
  • Let you enjoy your home peacefully. We will allow you to live independently in your home as much as possible.

Your rights

House Green (1)Your rights are your protection and make sure your home is always in good condition and that you enjoy living in your home.

You have a right to be asked about big changes to your home. If we wanted to build an extension or build near to your home then we would have to speak to you to make sure it did not impact on you too much.

You have a right to ask for information about your home. If you want to know anything like when we are going to replace your kitchen or when something is going to be fixed then you just have to speak to your supported living housing officer and they will help you find out.

Repair PinkYou have a right to have some repairs done within a set time. Emergency repairs like unblocking a drain or fixing a burst pipe should be completed within 24 hours.

This is so you are safe in your home and so that you enjoy living there. 

You or someone on your behalf has the right to tell us about something you are not happy about.

Using the telephone and internet

Computer YellowIf you want to have a telephone line and use the internet then you need to contact the telephone and internet provider that you would like to use.

If you want help doing this then please speak to your supported living housing officer. 

Telling people that you have moved

Doctor BlueThere are certain people that need to know when you have moved house so that they can keep in contact with you:

  • Your doctor and dentist
  • TV Licensing if you have a TV
  • Your local authority so that you can keep claiming your benefits
  • Your bank, building society and any credit card companies
  • Royal Mail so they can redirect your post
  • Insurance companies if you have any insurance like car insurance. 

Contents insurance 

Tv GreenIt is your responsibility to insure your belongings and possessions against fire, theft or damage.

 As your landlord, we are responsible for insuring the building. 

We work with the National Housing Federation to offer discounted contents insurance to our tenants to help save you money. Please click here to find out more.

Decorating your home

Paint Roller PinkWe want you to enjoy living in your home and you are welcome to decorate your room.

Before you decorate your room please speak to your supported living housing officer.